Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Simplify...

I have a confession to make... I am a pathological closet purger... I get the itch to rummage through the hangers and drawers and get rid of - well, as much as possible. And I've been known to go back a few days later and repeat the process again...

Here are the results of my most recent attempt... so long, farewell!!!






Once I start on a project like this, I want to tear through the entirety of my earthly belongings and de-clutter as much as possible... that's been my current obsession.
Truth is, my postage stamp apartment doesn't have much room for many non-essentials, but because of it's tiny footprint, I find myself thinking my husband and I have collected much more than we could possibly need. And so, I settled on the closet (a comfortable and familiar place to start) and think my next stop may be the cavernous (quite possibly the only large storage space we have) utensil drawers filled with excessive amounts of spatulas and measuring cups and kitchen gadgets. (Apparently somebody got a little trigger happy with that wedding registry gun - but who would've thought we would be so generously gifted every single kitchen utensil we requested???)


My newest inspiration for eliminating, minimizing, tossing, and pitching can be found here...
I love Kelly's fresh perspective on living simply. I encourage  you to read through the why's and how's and find something small that you can do to make a little more room, a little more time, and a little less "stuff." I am purposing to slowly and thoughtfully sift through all the extra STUFF - using less to give more.

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Matthew 6:21

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...