Monday, September 10, 2012

Love Notes & Lunch Boxes...




Just in case you were getting the picture that I lead some sort of glamorous life, let me enlighten you.

I spent my evening mending… a lunch box.

My husband’s lunchbox has definitely seen better days. And insulation doesn’t really insulate when holes in the lining cause outside air and inside air to co-mingle.

To be honest, fixing the lunch box was not my first choice solution. Instead, I waited for the oodles of rejected school supplies to go on sale thinking I’d find all the boring lunch boxes that weren’t quite stylish enough for your average 8th grader but plenty fancy for my grad school hubby.

The options were pretty slim – elmo, darth vadar, and those one direction kids were among the leftovers… apparently grownups are supposed to buy their lunches.

We’re a little more thrifty than that – and so, a thrifty lunch box fits right in too.
With a little thread and some not so pristine needle work (let’s just say my mother-in-law’s talents didn’t transfer with the “I do’s”) I managed to patch it together.

I know it’s just a lunch box, but I pack that lunch box every morning and clean it out each night. Knowing my husband has a healthy snack with a love note tucked inside makes me smile.

I could reflect on the seemingly unimportant nature of this task (and many others...wiping out the microwave, shaking out the kitchen rug, pairing socks and stacking dishes) or I could remember that even the littlest things when done with love make a difference to those around me.

Whatever your task may be, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.
Colossians 3:23
 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...