Friday, September 7, 2012

Perfect Peace...




 Con-tent
adjective
1. satisfied with what one is or has; not wanting more or anything else.

I’ve been thinking on this word lately… what I think it means to me – as a person, as a wife, as a child of God.
You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You.
Isaiah 26:3

Simple words with a profound statement… peace, Perfect Peace.
Those two little words right there – that is contentment to me.
              
                             Perfect...
            Peace...


This is a picture of my kitchen. Yup, that’s the WHOLE THING. It’s tiny. It’s not exactly convenient. But it’s what I have. Let’s just say I think about contentment a lot while I scrub my counter clean and pile dishes in the drying rack.
My appliances (stovetop, oven) are stored – yes, stored – on the bottom shelf of the pantry. Let’s just say (again) I think about contentment a lot as I try to keep spaghetti sauce warm while boiling noodles on the single burner. 

By looking to what I own, what I have, my talents, my self, I will never find contentment – never find that perfect peace. 
 
It is only in the recognition of what the Lord has blessed me with (even the tiny kitchen!) what He has given me, His love and kindness working though me that I will find the peace I so desire.
When I take a few moments to look around with eyes of thanks instead of discontent, I find that this postage stamp apartment (however small) holds the one I love, the memories we cherish and the hope of our future together. 

Keeping my mind steadfast on the Lord, abiding in His never ending grace and perfect supply of mercy, I find peace. When my heart has set its course in the way the Lord would have it go I see that His blessings abound and overflow. His peace brings a joy not dependent on anything else. That is contentment that far supersedes a simple dictionary definition.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...