Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Encouragement and Repetition...




Can I be really honest for a minute? I’ve been struggling lately… in a can’t I just curl up in a ball and hide for a while kind of way… life seems overwhelming right now and I’d like for everything to just slow down while I get caught up for a bit.

Earlier this week, in an attempt to uncurl from my hiding place and rejoin the living, I dug in deep to a few key bible verses and have been so encouraged.

I wrote them down on notecards and have carried them in my pocket, purse, car, etc and pulled them out when I had a few minutes to meditate on the words. Not for hours at a time, not even half hours. I’m talking about a couple minutes waiting in line at the grocery store, a few moments before heading back to my desk from my lunch break, and idling at the stoplights as I drove about. Time normally filled with dead space now alive with truth and reassurance.

I picked a verse from the pile in the morning that seemed extra applicable to how I feet or what I need to be reminded of that day … the repetition of the truth-filled words became a balm to my scattered emotions and a stronghold for my day.

Today, I chose Hebrews 10:19-23

Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, by the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.  Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

The echoes of the words overflowed into a wonderful blessing – the truth of His promises and the uplifting of my spirit – not to mention my attitude!


photo credit: Leonard John Matthews via photopin cc

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...