Thursday, November 1, 2012

HE Set You Apart



 I want to take a few moments and talk about a struggle I have to set my mind on tackling each day as my feet hit the floor.

When life is rough or days are challenging and I can’t seem to get a firm grasp on the way I should go, I begin to COMPARE… compare my life with someone else’s who looks like they’ve got it all together. It seems that my own discontentment or feelings of inadequacy lead me to look to those around me rather than to the One that created me.

Here’s a snippet from a book I love, mentioned many a time… (read those posts here and here)

He set you apart. You’re not like all the other relay runners. If you spend all your time looking at the runner behind you or focusing on the one ahead of you, wishing you had their skills and talents, your lane will go unattended.”

 I have a unique role, you have a unique roll. The truth is, no one has it all together – we are all being transformed in body and mind day by day by our ever patient God. When I begin to weigh my importance against my friends and my neighbors, I lose sight of the value the Lord sees in me.

“But when they measure themselves by one another and compare themselves with one another, they are without understanding.  2 Corinthians 10:12

So… “Rather than seeking to impress and outperform others, and rather than feeling ashamed by what you don’t have and can’t do, relish the opportunity to stand as a living, walking, eating, breathing example of what God’s grace can do with a woman He has set apart.”

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...