Monday, December 3, 2012

Philippians 4:5-7 : Scripture Memory Monday



The Lord is near…

When I read that, I wonder what life would look like if I lived that way… the Lord is near… what if He was sitting right next to me as I went about my day?

Would I act differently? Feel differently?

If I knew the Lord was right THERE – would it change what I say and how I say it, what I watch, the things I spend my time listening to?

And how fitting are the words that follow? Do not be anxious…

What about the things I worry about, fret over? I’m thinking if the Lord, whose very hands hold all of these things, were inches away that the striving would ease, the anxiety would melt away…

And He is THAT close… always with me, never leaving, constant. And living in that truth, resting in those words, knowing He is near... that brings peace - a peace that overwhelms. 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...