Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year, New Things





Seems to me everyone has heaps and heaps of last year’s highlights and this year’s big plans… I’m not much of a New Year’s Resolution gal, but there is something to be said about a CLEAN SLATE start in January.

A Clean Slate… I definitely like THAT part. And January 1 – fresh start to a new year seems like just the time to wipe away the old and bring in the new.
Isn’t it wonderful that the Lord doesn’t work that way? He doesn’t require me to wait for a clean slate, for a new heart, for a better attitude until such and such a date. Instead, He is continuously merciful, constantly full of grace, and always perfecting me. 

Remember not the former things,
    nor consider the things of old.
 Behold, I am doing a new thing;
    now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness
    and rivers in the desert.
Isaiah 43:18-19

A NEW THING! But not just in January, not just next Monday… not when His schedule is clear or all of the nativity decorations are put away.

He makes all things NEW. He finds us in our desert wilderness of selfishness or discontent or struggle or trial or famine and gives us rivers… rivers of peace and joy and encouragement and victory. 

Fresh water, a clean slate, a new thing!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...