Saturday, February 2, 2013

Silence When the Words Won't Come...


Let’s just say I’ve had a week… as I sat down to read my Bible last night, I had to strive for focus, my mind kept wandering to words spoken, actions that can’t be undone, and a stack of hurts and troubles that seem to just keep piling on…

My heart feels a little lost lately… do you have those days when you know you’re sitting in a pit somewhere and the devil is gaining ground but you just can’t seem to find the energy to dust yourself off and start climbing???

Finishing my reading for the day – with little of it sticking, I admit, I sat to write in my journal… a habit I’ve had for years – emptying out my thoughts always has a way of making things seem brighter, better, of reminding me to be thankful, to speak to the Lord… but… nothing… I couldn’t make the ink hit the pages… even still, the Lord knows.

"The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent..." Exodus 14:14

Even in my silence, He knows… a silent lullaby from my hurting heart… a quiet hallelujah…

God loves a lullaby
In a mother's tears in the dead of night
Better than a Hallelujah sometimes

God loves the drunkard's cry
The soldier's plea not to let him die
Better than a Hallelujah sometimes

We pour out our miseries
God just hears a melody
Beautiful, the mess we are
The honest cries of breaking hearts
Are better than a Hallelujah

The woman holding on for life
The dying man giving up the fight
Are better than a Hallelujah sometimes

The tears of shame for what's been done
The silence when the words won't come
Are better than a Hallelujah sometimes

We pour out our miseries
God just hears a melody
Beautiful, the mess we are
The honest cries of breaking hearts
Are better than a Hallelujah

Better than a church bell ringing
Better than a choir singing out, singing out

Better than a Hallelujah

photo credit: hmomoy via photopin cc

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...