Thursday, March 14, 2013

Good Soil



I’ve been mulling over these verses for a few weeks now.

“…And others are the ones sown among thorns. They are those who hear the word, but the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches and the desires for other things enter in and choke the word, and it proves unfruitful…Mark 4:18-19

Seed sown among thorns – so often I find myself there – among the thorns, I mean.
Wrapped up in the cares of the world. 
Choked out by the lies of what riches can bring me. 
Stomped out by desires of the flesh. 
Unfruitful.

 “But those that were sown on the good soil are the ones who hear the word and accept it and bear fruit, thirtyfold and sixtyfold and a hundredfold…” Mark 4:20

And so, I am setting out to cultivate the soil… to nurture and care for the life-bearing earth that gives way to staying joy and fruitful testimony.

Removing the distractions of this world and focusing my attention on the One who made it. 

What about you? How’s your soil? Could it use some water from He that promises you will never be thirsty, from the Father who makes the sun shine softly on your face, from the gracious lamb who nurtures your soul?

Soak it in.
Revel in the light.
Be still in the peace He brings.

photo credit: westpark via photopin cc


 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...