Saturday, March 9, 2013

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies: A Recipe

I love quiet Saturdays listening to the rain pattering through downspouts.... and filling the kitchen with warm cozy twirls of cinnamon-y smells and chocolate-y morsels.



Today, I tired my hand at a little vegan baking and ended up with these scrumptious chocolate chip cookies.

You can find the original recipe HERE.

My Notes...
1. I didn't have any flaxseed tucked in my cupboards, so instead of a flax egg, I replaced it with 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce. (Hello apple cinnamon wonderousness... I also figured the hubby would scoff at the tiny flecks of omega3 powerpunches scattered through his cookies as I'm already pushing the envelope with these lovelies!)
3. Just a little shopping-savvy tip: my local health food store sells vegan chocolate (70% cacao) in bars at the checkout for a pretty reasonable price - I snagged a couple of those instead of the overpriced chocolate chip bags from the baking aisle... chopped in to morsel sized pieces, they work marvelously for baking, and an afternoon sweet-tooth too!
2. Baking time will vary, but I think the cookies turned out a bit better at 12 minutes in my electric oven. Rotate once in the middle. The 5 minute cool-down time on the baking sheet works wonders for firming them up.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...