Wednesday, May 29, 2013

In Sorrow and In Sunshine



As I drove down the road today in my rumbling truck - sunlight streaming in the windows, sorrow seeping through my smile, I thought…

When the walls come crashing down, I run to my Jesus – when it seems that everything has fallen apart, when life is unexplainable, confusing – when I’m hurting or lonely – I run to Him… like it is a deep engrained reaction to the pain of this world – to crawl in to the arms of the one who’s already conquered it…

And then…

What about in the sunshine? When everything is coming up roses??? What about when life is filled with abundant joy… isn’t it easy, in the heights of happiness to forget that He is STILL holding it all together… 

Oh, How I long to run to my Jesus in the crashing waves of the storm AND in the brilliance of the sunshine… 



Lord, I come, I confess
Bowing here I find my rest
Without You I fall apart
You're the One that guides my heart

Lord, I need You, oh, I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You

Where sin runs deep Your grace is more
Where grace is found is where You are
And where You are, Lord, I am free
Holiness is Christ in me

Teach my song to rise to You
When temptation comes my way
And when I cannot stand I'll fall on You
Jesus, you're my hope and stay



Take two minutes and followWest of Newbury Street on  BLOGLOVIN' Or FACEBOOK. Catch up with me on PINTEREST  or, if you'd prefer, there's a fancy "Follow by Email" box on the right, too!


photo credit: ToniVC via photopin cc

 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...