Monday, May 13, 2013

Time-Warp Wife


Time Warp Wife
If you're not already reading Darlene's brilliant blog, you really should get over there and catch up! {Time Warp Wife} 

Here's a snippet from a guest post by Lisa Jacobson that sounded eerily familiar to a conversation I had with the hubby a couple weeks back...
. . . . . . . .
He was a young wife's dream. And he knew it.

So you can imagine his manly frustration when I burst into tears, "Why can't you just love me?"

"LOVE YOU?! Listen, Sweetheart, (although his tone didn't match the word in the least). There's nothing I haven't done for you around here. I've vacuumed. Cleaned the bathroom. Even mopped the kitchen floor."

"So...?" (I couldn't see what this had to do with anything).

Then he got that funny look in his eyes. Like he might very well be losing his mind. And somehow I had something to do with it.

I attempted to explain. "Don't you get it? I don't care about those things. I'm fine doing all the housework. What would make me feel loved is if...you'd take me out for coffee."
 ...{read the rest HERE}



Take two minutes and followWest of Newbury Street on  BLOGLOVIN' Or, there's always FACEBOOK. Catch up with me on PINTEREST  or, if you'd prefer, there's a fancy "Follow by Email" box on the right, too!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...