Monday, June 17, 2013

Hungry Girl Week

I've been off the radar for a bit here... when my Mother Dearest asked me why I wasn't blogging lately I simply responded with - it's hard to be an encouragement when you need encouragement... and that's the truth... but I eventually found my way back to the blogsphere from my cozy cocoon of fluffy down comforters and pages and pages of books...

This week, I'll be sharing a few recipes from a new (to me) cookbook I've been excited to try!


It's the HUNGRY GIRL cookbook by Lisa Lillien - find her over at Hungry Girl

Lisa's writing style - even in a cookbook - is relatable and fun and, everybody needs low-cal options for french fries and chocolate brownies, right???? Or is that just me!

Anyhoo - I thought it would be a good fit for the hubby since most cookbooks I bring home end up having recipes deemed too "fluffy." This one is definitely different...
With names like Yum Yum Brownie Muffins, Southwestern Surprise, and Fancy Schmancy Oatmel, Lisa is speaking my language - and the hubby's too. (Although he DID ask if there was a "Hungry Guy")

Not to mention - there's an entire section dedicated to Manly Meals and a whole chapter based on Chocolate - um, yes please!

So, pardon the absence and get ready for some cookin'



Take two minutes and followWest of Newbury Street on  BLOGLOVIN' Catch up with me on PINTEREST  or, if you'd prefer, there's a fancy "Follow by Email" box on the right, too!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...