Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Hungry Girl: Yum Yum Brownie Muffins


I thought we'd kick off the week with something chocolatey... so after last night's Ooey-Gooey Chili Cheese Nachos (check back tomorrow for more on those) a little dessert was in order.

Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien's super easy "brownies" fit the bill.

Let's talk about whats absolutely fantastic about this recipe, shall we...
2 Ingredients -  yes, you read that correctly
20 Minutes - um, speedy!
12 Brownies - insanely cost effective

AND... They taste GREAT

Here's the recipe from Lisa's Book:

Ingredients:
1 Box Devil's Food Cake Mix (18oz)
1 15-oz can pure pumpkin (like Libby's)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 200 degrees
Mix the cake mix and pumpkin together in a medium sized bowl (I used a spatula - worked great).
DON'T add anything else! The mixture will be very thick (it was!)
Place batter in a 12-cup lined or greased muffin tin.
Bake 20 minutes.

This recipe - have I said its SUPER easy - makes 12 servings.

A Few notes from my Kitchen:
1. The pumpkiny smell fades during baking and I have to say I didn't really taste much of its effects in the finished product.
2. While one of these puppies clocks in around 180 calories (almost 80 calories less than its competitors) and they're pretty tasty, I'm not huge on all the packaged/processed stuff... earning these guys the "HealthIER" stamp not the Healthy one. But, when you're in need of a quick fix, they'll do the trick - and putting fruit in  your dessert gives you that pat-on-the-back feeling, too.
3. I like to turn my baked goods halfway through the cook time to make sure they come out even - my electric oven needed about two minuted less than the recommended time.

Interested in more recipes from Hungry Girl? Stay tuned this week as we dive in to
Perfect Pepperoni Pizza's
Ooey-Gooey Chili Cheese Nachos
and Peanut Butter Cup Milkshakes

Yum!



Follow West of Newbury Street on  BLOGLOVIN'  Or FACEBOOK. Catch up with me on PINTEREST  or, if you'd prefer, there's a fancy "Follow by Email" box on the right, too!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...