Wednesday, July 10, 2013

He Gives Rest



And I know that you can give me rest
So I cry out with all that I have left

Let me see redemption win
Let me know the struggle ends
That you can mend a heart that’s frail and torn

I want to know the sun can rise from the ashes from a broken life
An all that’s dead inside can be reborn

Because I’m worn



I’ve been rehearsing this song over and over again lately… it fills my head as I scrub dishes, repeats round and round as I curl my hair, and plays through the radio speakers as I drive to work.

It echoes a statement I’ve said so many times lately… I’m worn out.
I am.
And, on the ends of that melody comes another refrain - my prayers are wearing thin… I’ve lost my will to fight.

And it’s in those moments – in the moments between wearing out and giving up that I have a choice. A choice to stand and fight for lost ground, to reclaim what He has given, to abide in His truth, to rise from the hopelessness of those worn out, filthy rags and  look to the One who is stronger than I. To the One who becomes known in my weaknesses. To the one that clothes me in brilliant white, sets me back up on the rock and reminds me that I am His and His alone.

And, though I may be worn, He gives me rest. And as I rest, he binds up the brokenness, mends the emptiness, and fills what once seemed hopeless with a radical joy that spills out on to those broken-life-ashes and shines oh-so-brightly. Replacing that grey-hazed melancholy of “worn” with sun beams, overflowing.



Take two minutes and followWest of Newbury Street on  BLOGLOVIN' Catch up with me on PINTEREST  or, if you'd prefer, there's a fancy "Follow by Email" box on the right, too!


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I really like that song Sam...very encouraging and uplifting! I know we all get to a point when we are worn out so I hope that with what is wearing you out seems lite when you listen to the truth of these lyrics!
    Love ya..Narey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...