Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Summer Hair: Taming Hot and Humid Tresses

A few weeks ago the hubby and I piled in to the backseat of a rather large pickup and set off on a roadtrip to visit family in Missouri. The back of the pickup, by the way, got really small really quick!

With a menagerie of books (I didn’t bring enough the last time), some rockin’ tunes, and my humidity proof hairstyle tutorials I was armed and ready for some time on the farm.

Of course, back in Wisconsin, its equally as humid and the whole Rosanna Rosanna Danna look is getting rather out of control. So, back to my humidity busting styles I go…


Kate from The Small Things Blog is my personal style hero – she is seriously the cutest thing – and she’s sweet as pie, too. Check out her Not Just a Ponytail tutorial {here} 
**Talk about jazzing up a pony – perfect for a casual weekend style – or, in my case – a day on the farm!



Looking for something more elegant? Check out Kate’s Pretty and Simple UpDo {here}!
**When she says this is great for thick hair, she’s not kidding – mine held like a charm and I have oodles of course frizzy curls!


The Glitter Guide has done it again… a few fabulous options for beating the heat. Find them {here} 
**More on that FABULOUS beach-y braid later...


And, last but not least, check out Self’s summer styles for a few simple, fun and flirty looks that help keep hair put! {here} 
**These are all super simple and great for the girl-on-the-go. (Quick style for yoga-to-work anyone???)

What are your favorite summer styles???


Follow West of Newbury Street on BLOGLOVIN'. Catch some of my favorite things on PINTEREST.  Or check out the sidebar to get West of Newbury Street sent to your inbox.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...